1996-12-20 - Re: Ebonics

Header Data

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: aa2f829ad9421c2012eb90a58c85e9f0e8e8d0b3d1b7800e6bbbb481811c2c9a
Message ID: <199612202115.OAA11015@web.azstarnet.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:15:29 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:15:29 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ebonics

"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> wrote:

>In order to remain compliant with the new California law requiring
>increased use of "Ebonics," the new academic name for "Black English" (and
>known by honkey mofos as "ghetto jive"). Apparently the coloreds have had
>enough of "standard English" and its repression of their culture. To meet
>the requirements of this new law, 10% of my posts from now on will be
>written as best I can manage in the Ebonic language.

("Ebonics" elided)

There's got to be a better way than Ebonizing manually. First there was the
Canadianizer, eh, hoser? Then there was Zippy
(www.metahtml.com/demos/zippy/), which is terrific for Willy/Freeh/Reno
speeches. We really need an Ebonizer (TM)!

BTW, Tim's not kidding about the Oakland, CA school system.  Check your
regular news source.

Thread