1996-12-24 - Re: Both John Gilmore and Ray Arachelian are liars

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: ac1977fd5c3ef57b9aa4b952b2823e75ebbdee61cfa0aa1597d10ec2f7be1368
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961224113856.19793B-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Reply To: <T59eZD46w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-24 16:42:19 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 08:42:19 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 08:42:19 -0800 (PST)
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Both John Gilmore and Ray Arachelian are liars

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> >
> > > John Gilmore unsubscribed me from this mailing list (in a very rude manner)
> > > and I am not allowed to resubscribe. I am not subscribed to this mailing li
> >
> > Funny, you post messages here, you read messages from here, IMHO, you
> > haven't been unscumscribed.
>
> Now you're calling John Gilmore a liar, because he admitted pulling my plug:

<... deletia...>

Right, I agree that you have been removed from majordomo's list of
"subscribers" however you haven't been removed in as much as you can
still read the list and in as much as you can post messages.

So what is the difference were you subscribed?  Were you subscribed you
could also post and read messages.  Now that you are unsubscribed, you
can also post and read messages.  What's the difference?

Whatever Mr. Gilmore did made no differece.  You still read.  You still
post.  If he wanted to totally remove you, you wouldn't be able to post
at all.  Yet, you still do.  The rumors of your forced unsubscription are
clearly greatly exaturated.

> Note that John clearly unsubscribed me because he didn't like the contents
> of my messages. Later Timmy May claimed that it had something to do with the
> size of my submissions (another lie).

And yet, you post to cypherpunks@toad.com, and you read messages from
cypherpunks@toad.com. QED: You're still here.

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "If  you're  gonna die,  die  with your|./|\.
..\|/..|sunder@sundernet.com|boots on;  If you're  gonna  try,  just |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |stick around; Gonna cry? Just move along|\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |you're gonna die, you're gonna die!"    |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|  --Iron Maiden "Die With Your Boots on"|.....

Thread