1996-12-30 - Re: Legality of …? More Dale

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
Message Hash: acee2b0eeb2cc0d5ffdfd8ecac30f4509269569f0373281b244efb48c201f48e
Message ID: <32C7F5A5.58D7@gte.net>
Reply To: <199612301300.FAA29520@mailmasher.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-30 17:03:49 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:03:49 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:03:49 -0800 (PST)
To: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
Subject: Re: Legality of ...? More Dale

Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Dec 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:
> >When my dad ran a bread truck in the 1950's, a mafia character who
> >had a bad day paid him $20 or so in pennies, and my dad said he took
> >it with little argum

> Dale, you must serve some purpose in my life. Perhaps it is to teach me humility.
> I strive to understand your purpose.

Why is this so difficult?  The subject was legal tender, and I cited
two examples (real examples, no less) of controversy. I also asked for
relevant comments.  Is this comment supposed to be relevant?

To repeat: Certain credible sources have stated that pennies are not
necessarily legal tender in certain amounts, for ordinary transactions,
say, buying groceries.  The amount I heard was in the range of 25 cents
or thereabouts.  To my knowledge, this was not resolved, perhaps due to
the "spam attack".

Thread