1996-12-31 - Re: With my deepest regards….

Header Data

From: AwakenToMe@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b392ec1ecb12b3c6bb7a33c2910326c1c15e91d56ec495f16768742845fdffbc
Message ID: <9612302239021156080622@emout14.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-12-31 03:39:49 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:39:49 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: AwakenToMe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:39:49 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: With my deepest regards....

<< AwakenToMe@aol.com wrote:
 >  Adam Breaux wrote:
 >  > I am withdrawing from this list. Not because of the volume of
 >  > email...that I can deal with...but what I cannot deal with is the
 >  > volume of garbage and egotistical ranting[snippo]
 >  Note to cypherpunks:  This guy complains about the problem, but he *is*
 >  the problem.  *He* wants to tell us *he's* leaving.  Talk about ego-
 >  tistical ranting!  What a hypocrite.

 > Since I never said I dont contribute to the problem.. I think Ill point
 > out... that in a reverse notion...He isn't the problem.  What you replied
 > back is the problem.

 Argumentum ad nauseam.  The point is, Adam (I think) wanted to tell us
 he's leaving.  Well, who gives a shit, anyway?  Instead of ranting
 against me, tell the cypherpunks why they should care that this
 particular individual is "leaving the list". >>

he did: =-}

<<I am withdrawing from this list. Not because of the volume of
email...that I can deal with...but what I cannot deal with is the
volume of garbage and egotistical ranting that seems so prevalent in
what should for all sakes and purposes be a discussion of cyphering
and security. Apparently the name of this list is designed to
mislead...because of all the posts, a grand total of 5% proved worth
reading at all.>>

Thread