1996-12-22 - Re: “the world is half women, even though they’re not on the c-punks list”

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ba5f55b1b743ffb3914e2190f462d2bf9eae4cdd2fcc51637ba899101842fa1a
Message ID: <32BCAB5C.3682@gte.net>
Reply To: <199612210144.SAA25029@infowest.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-22 03:36:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 19:36:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 19:36:39 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: "the world is half women, even though they're not on the c-punks list"

Timothy C. May wrote:
> At 10:20 AM -0800 12/21/96, Dale Thorn wrote:
> >Ya' know, guys, the world is half women, even though they're not on
> >the c-punks list.  Get in touch with them.  They're fun people.
> Ah, it's been a while since we had the "why aren't more women on the list?"
> discussion.
> Frankly, women are of course welcome. If the list interests them, they are
> welcome to subscribe. As it has always been.
> So, Dale, feel free to recruit more women to this and other lists. But
> don't presume from the traffic you see here--or from comments about the
> utter stupidity of little Jessica Dubroff, her pilot, her parents, and the
> complicitous news media--that we need a lecture on getting in touch with
> women.

All of this is valid (for argument's sake) except "the stupidity of
little Jessica".  She was doing well for a 7-year-old, and I was
quite proud of her. The morons who were flying that plane near weight
capacity at lower altitudes should have been shot for that alone, never
mind trying that at the altitude where they "bought the farm".

What happened to Jessica because of the selfish, greedy adults who were
involved actually gives weight to the parental licensing plan, yes?
(Ouch)

Thread