1996-12-21 - Re: Ebonics

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bb611d7eb08d93d4a2481be806818e0bf7266ef7fecbc597f3efcd1927d3cc75
Message ID: <199612210710.XAA23943@netcom16.netcom.com>
Reply To: <v03007801aee10fd61030@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-21 07:10:22 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:10:22 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:10:22 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ebonics

Tim May writes:

> Yeah, Matt, in a free society I wouldn't have to "speak Ebonics."

> If I were designing a genocidal program to destroy the colored race, I
> would be pushing for Ebonics, for encouraging coloreds to study "Human
> Potential" and "African History" instead of math, science, and engineering,
> and pushing for hiring quotas.

When I read Tim's original message on "Ebonics", I thought it was one
of those witty parodies he occasionally comes up with.

Then I turned on the NBC Nightly News, and lo and behold, "Ebonics"
was one of the featured stories, replete with commentary by former
New York mayor Ed Koch.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread