1996-12-12 - Re: Redlining

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
Message Hash: e66961878b9c5309c2cf5508cdbb89a3102b140efcbebabec9728b3e705a0115
Message ID: <32AF9518.3B1F@gte.net>
Reply To: <199612120227.SAA21192@mailmasher.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-12 05:18:48 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:18:48 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:18:48 -0800 (PST)
To: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
Subject: Re: Redlining

Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> At 6:24 PM 12/11/1996, E. Allen Smith wrote:
>>From: IN%"mjmiski@execpc.com"  "Matthew J. Miszewski" 11-DEC-1996
>>>Actually, my assertion was that the basic motivation was racism and
>>>ignorance. My example of student loan default rates should clear that up.

[snip]

> I have no trouble believing that the student loan market would quickly
> dry up were the government to get out of the business.

Hallelujah!  The current college system is a fatcat and indentured
servant system - the tenured staff (and not necessarily the ones who
provide the most service) at the schools suck up the big bucks, and
the grads "owe their soul to the company store", just like the serfs
of a bygone era.  The more things change....

Actually, when I first came to L.A., there was a pretty good college
system, where most kids with minimal finances could go for cheap, in
some cases nearly free.  But this was taken over (co-opted) like so
many other programs that can be turned into cash cows.

Thread