1997-01-07 - Cypherpunks moderator robot

Header Data

From: Vince <demo@offshore.com.ai>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 08114760134f2f1f3cd1a597193348aecc6e16532015d8c64fc4182c164e05e9
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970106234758.17290B-100000@offshore>
Reply To: <3.0.32.19970105202032.00691618@192.100.81.126>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-07 03:50:51 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:50:51 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Vince <demo@offshore.com.ai>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:50:51 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cypherpunks moderator robot

Lucky Green:
> At 09:02 PM 1/5/97 -0600, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> >With STUMP robomoderator, the great majority of posts are autoapproved,
> >because they come from preapproved posters. In the newsgroups moderated
> >by STUMP, moderators review only a small fraction of incoming messages.
>
> I like this. Seems that list moderating technology has made some progress.

The cypherpunks moderator robot should check PGP signatures for the
"preapproved posters" - it is just too easy to forge email.  And the human
moderator should be willing to put any regular posters onto the list of
"preapproved posters".  Any preapproved who mutated into a flamer would be
removed from the list.  Newbies would have to be around for a bit to get
on.

Should work well enough.

   --  Vince

Thread