1997-01-15 - Re: RSA challenge: is it legal to try?

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: 0fb244282351bf26324caf96dac0e8e4eaed76d7f785eb6992dd298211ae3892
Message ID: <32DC9EF2.4D67@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <199701150427.UAA12865@mail.pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-15 07:38:12 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:38:12 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:38:12 -0800 (PST)
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: RSA challenge: is it legal to try?

jim bell wrote:

> It also ignores the strong likelihood that the reason for the Patent-Office
> policy change (done, apparently, without benefit of a corresponding law
> change) was because with public-key/RSA there was finally an example of
> software the government wished to deny to the average citizen, and the only
> mechanism (short of secrecy, which was broken) to do so was to patent it.
>
> I'm still waiting for an "innocent" explanation for the US patent office
> beginning to issue software patents.  I don't think there is one.

Jim,
  It is reasurring to know that 'reason' and 'paranoia' can peacefully
co-exist in the mind. Most people seem to veiw it as an either/or
situation.

Toto
"They are refusing to conspire against me, in order to make my
paranoia look irrational."

Thread