1997-01-21 - Re: IMDMP: SOURCE CODE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: Anonymous <lucifer@dhp.com>
Message Hash: 1006df2ea89c6cd52bc7a7376cadd19b55cbb821773a2f3b68d00b42b39be967
Message ID: <199701212014.MAA11084@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:14:53 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:14:53 -0800 (PST)
To: Anonymous <lucifer@dhp.com>
Subject: Re: IMDMP: SOURCE CODE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

> >> ...but I must say the list has gone downhill sharply since
> >> the start of the censorship.
> >
> >I guess this a classic case of seeing what you want to see.
> >(Uh, Paul, the moderation experiment HASN'T STARTED YET.)

I knew that when I wrote this, but the fact that Vulis has been
banned from the list is most definitely censorship and has lowered
the philiosophy of the list (as in original purpose and ideaology) to
a lower plane and provoked a number of flame wars which would
otherwise have not taken place.

> No, he's got it right.  The announcement of the moderation experiment
> was followed by a decline in interesting threads.

I noticed this too but it was not what I was referring to.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1