1997-01-01 - Re: Hardening lists against spam attacks

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: zachb@netcom.com
Message Hash: 2b044d1d2b6d66917553d8fff17a8f5cef2edd2354b0e99f451eb0dbc8353521
Message ID: <199701010319.VAA00222@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9612311230.A1152-0100000@netcom9>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-01 03:04:24 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:04:24 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:04:24 -0800 (PST)
To: zachb@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Hardening lists against spam attacks

Babayco wrote:
> I agree with Dale here...requiring PGP in order to post would probably
> deter low-level, idiot spammers, but it would also keep those people off
> the list who, for one reason or another, don't like/want/use PGP.  Also,

     This is cypherpunks, if we can't be bothered to use crypto software,
then how can we tell others they should?

> what about people who post to and read the list from someplace other than
> their home computer, like school or work?  I have access to this account
> from my college, but I'm sure not going to leave my keys lying around
> my account just so I can post to a mailing list.

     Seperate key for that account/mailing list.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com

Thread