1997-01-23 - Re: Just another government fuckover: New crypto regulations

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@primenet.com>
Message Hash: 2edb296d5fc4f609d877f3fd1a863f48134b2e673210f5e30b6a60a68f4988e3
Message ID: <32E77595.387D@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <199701230614.XAA06559@infowest.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-23 13:43:44 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 05:43:44 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 05:43:44 -0800 (PST)
To: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Just another government fuckover: New crypto regulations

Attila T. Hun wrote:

>         free speech, which is what we are talking about. supposedly
>     absolute freedom of speech in America was in the Articles of
>     Confederation and was a major point of the Declaration of
>     Independence.  free speach was an "intention" of the Magna Carta.

> ::>     books are an intellectual 'solution' to the problem. the real
> ::>problem is the hardware. in order to negate governments and their
> ::>virtually stated intentions of blocking our inalienable freedoms,
> ::>particularly freedom of speach, we must be able to distribute
> ::>universal crypto worldwide, and be able to improve it as the shadow
> ::>governments of the various spook shows improve their ability to
> ::>break our code.

Dear Mr. Hun,
  I see that your post was expunged from the cypherpunks-politically-
correct-outgoing list.
  I am assuming that it was as a result of linking crypto to free
speech.
Perhaps you need to fall more into line with the New List Order.

Toto

Thread