1997-01-21 - Re: RSA challenge: is it legal to try?

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: 2f10ca411b01b0dea45b073e5b12a842431553897ed7f77e1452cd8dcf5c5d91
Message ID: <32E48B73.6F00@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <199701210631.WAA03064@mail.pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-21 08:20:33 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 00:20:33 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 00:20:33 -0800 (PST)
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: RSA challenge: is it legal to try?

jim bell wrote:

> In short, I think it's absolutely foolish to believe that any sort of
> workable system could ever have been arranged to patent software, even if
> all of the issues above had been addressed fairly.  And the reason I asked
> for an "innocent" explanation is to give people the benefit of the doubt so
> that they could show that the system was working.  It isn't, and you know it.

  Sure the 'system' is working. Software patents were begun as a means
for
the government to exert control over the direction of software
development.
  It's the same thing as crypto-export regulations. They established a
dick-licking order for those who want to whore their way to riches
under government rule. So now the quickest way to export your product
is to name it 'Crypto Light'.

Toto

Thread