1997-01-21 - Re: UNS_top

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
To: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Message Hash: 308edcc236dd4554520cafa974ba870cc742ae04dfec550a862bc8e48f17d5c5
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970120223659.14752A-100000@cp.pathfinder.com>
Reply To: <199701210057.QAA24931@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-21 03:40:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:40:10 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:40:10 -0800 (PST)
To: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: UNS_top

You'll get the full article soon enough, I expect. The Reuters story isn't
quite right, though. Burma has no Net-connection. I stood outside the
building that will house it last month (they wouldn't let me in) after
hiking five miles through fields to get around police barricades. It
should go live this year.

For China and Singapore Net-censorship, check out my web site at
http://www.eff.org/~declan/global/

-Declan

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Toto wrote:

> John Young wrote:
> >  Governments in China, Burma and
> >  Singapore have already tried to discipline this on-line activity with
> >  minimal success.
>
>   Do you have any pointers to information in regard to this, or are you
> just being a goddamn tease?
>
> Toto

Thread