1997-01-16 - Re: Newt’s phone calls

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: Brian Lane <nexus@eskimo.com>
Message Hash: 43cbdabd0bebadfc177874f6580317815e476b2ba97daeff73f533d14ce8f60b
Message ID: <32DD8C63.2EAD@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970115075526.2682E-100000@fozzy.islet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-16 01:04:09 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 17:04:09 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 17:04:09 -0800 (PST)
To: Brian Lane <nexus@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: Newt's phone calls

Brian Lane wrote:

>   I don't like the laws they passed, but since they passed them I want to
> see them enforce them to the full extent posible. Then maybe people will
> start to wonder why the transmission wasn't encrypted. Which also leads to
> another question. How much information is in the clear from congressmen
> and government employees who are clueless about the security of their
> cellphones, cordless phones, etc?

  The fact is that the transmission 'was' encrypted. While this fact
isn't
being 'reported', it is causing no small amount of consternation in
certain circles in Washington.

Thread