1997-01-06 - Re: Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice

Header Data

From: Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: 4489b3fc24f395f7a786d8aec233823188a67a11354031e7b19fd1d769a12405
Message ID: <199701060826.AAA00355@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 00:26:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 00:26:46 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice

Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> writes:
> Rich Graves wrote:
> > Bill Frantz wrote:
> > >I would say that the street action which effectively eliminated legally
> > >mandated racial segregation about 25 years ago qualifies as a revolution.[snip]
> > Cryptoanarchy, as envisioned here, is not about people mobbing in the
> > streets. It's fundamentally about insulating oneself from the mobs in
> > the streets. However, revolutions tend to have unintended consequences.[snip]
> Looks like we're coming to the old "irresistable force meets immovable
> object" consensus, yes?

Interesting. I suspect that all of you have forgotton that in order
for there to be a revolution, there has to be something to revolt
against. It works the other way too: in order to have elitist rulers,
there have to be sheep.

If you desire neither, then you have to renounce BOTH positions.

It's not easy, but it -always- works.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

         No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Thread