1997-01-19 - Re: Monitoring the monitors [Was: Gilmore and Sandfart suck big dicks]

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Message Hash: 54eb4876b51a097ae459c7d28938bc4f7d68039b3ab595694f70da6bd61da500
Message ID: <32E1D130.3F52@gte.net>
Reply To: <199701190627.AAA00288@smoke.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-19 07:46:13 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:46:13 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:46:13 -0800 (PST)
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Subject: Re: Monitoring the monitors [Was: Gilmore and Sandfart suck big dicks]

snow wrote:
> Mr. Thorn said:
> > Here's a problem.  I don't have "technical" capabilities in the area of
> > communications software, and I have too full a plate to start studying
> > now.  But, I/we need to monitor the "moderator", to make sure he doesn't
> > allow people to attack others, then cut the responses.
>    <snip>
> > In other words, can I separate the censored email without having to
> > have two accounts?
> Subscribe to unfiltered + flames. Anything that shows up twice was "filtered".
> Subscribe to unfiltered + flames and then filter all mail from flames
> to a seperate "folder" to check at your leasure.

I'm already getting multiple copies of messages I can't account for.
The frequency and number seem to be random, and I'm not counting
forwarded stuff.  Take the posts from the most "trusted" people.
Subtract out any personal cc's, account for additional lists subscribed
to, compare for similar (but not identical) posts, and still the
numbers don't add up.

Thread