1997-01-07 - Re: FW: Modified Token Posting Scheme

Header Data

From: ed.falk@Eng.Sun.COM (Ed Falk)
To: SButler@chemson.com
Message Hash: 69d3458298ccf941cc23a0996633a2fef611c2e5862903356bcb33f0e48aae2e
Message ID: <199701071914.LAA04906@peregrine.eng.sun.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:29:14 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ed.falk@Eng.Sun.COM (Ed Falk)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:29:14 -0800 (PST)
To: SButler@chemson.com
Subject: Re: FW: Modified Token Posting Scheme

> >> How about this simple policy scheme:
> >>
> >>   1) posts from known list members forwarded to list automatically
> >>   2) posts with "approval cookie" also forwarded automatically
> >>   3) otherwise, forwarded only after approval by moderator,
>

> So does this mean that any personal attacks or useless and annoying
> drivel from the likes of Timmy May, Ray Arachelian and Sandy Sandford
> would be automatically forwarded to the mailing list even though they
> are frequently more annoying than the spam posted by the people who
> would be censored by Gilmore ?

No, just the opposite.  My scheme allows people to route around moderation
by authenticating their posts.  The goal here is to keep *random* stuff,
such as spam, off the list.

Thread