1997-01-27 - Re: Fighting the cybercensor

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: 7052ea844d2efaf9fcd817a01be398d728bdeda2485d2af1b05340870d6b443f
Message ID: <32EC1683.4DD0@gte.net>
Reply To: <Vw261D78w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-27 02:44:58 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:44:58 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:44:58 -0800 (PST)
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Fighting the cybercensor

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com> writes:
> > Look, I've proposed what I consider to be a remarkably consistent method to
> > prevent the kind of political tyranny that you criticize, and I don't see
> > any recognition of this fact.

> I said many times that I find AP a very interesting notion, worthy of study.
> Given how fast online gambling is growing, how soon do we have to wait for
> a web site for taking bets on deaths of politicians and other prominents?
> Why not set one up, using "funny money" not convertible to anything?

If AP could really work, and AP is enabled by strong p-k crypto,
that fact alone would justify the Washington boys doing *everything*
in their power to stop *real* crypto (i.e., no back doors).

Thread