1997-01-31 - job opportunities

Header Data

From: Lee Tien <tien@well.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 84e1f00590d0be046ad5b382faf66dafb9337455119edcd6f744299911374399
Message ID: <v03010d07af1724cb5e1b@[163.176.132.90]>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 23:04:12 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Lee Tien <tien@well.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 23:04:12 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: job opportunities

I have no idea whether members of this list are interested in these kinds
of jobs, but hey, can't hurt to ask.

For the next 3 months (until April 30), Farallon Communications is trying
to focus on filling several key engineering positions in the Netopia and
LAN groups.  (Netopia is a product line of ISDN devices)  My wife works at
Farallon in product marketing for Netopia stuff.  They started out as a
Macintosh networking company and have gone "Internet."

Firmware Engineers:  3 for Netopia and 1 for LAN

Hardware Engineers:  1 for Netopia and 1 for LAN

There is some flexibility for the firmware positions to work either in
Alameda or San Jose.  I'm not sure about the job descriptions; I just
looked at http://www.farallon.com/corp/jobs/index.html and this might
accurately describe some of the positions mentioned above:

Sr. Staff Engineer (WAN) -- San Jose and Alameda
4 Openings
Senior member of the software development team responsible for
architecture, design and implementation of embedded systems
firmware on new and existing WAN products. Hands-on design
position requiring a BSCS or a BSEE with advanced degree preferred.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years networking or
telecommunications development experience and expert knowledge of
multi-protocol routing and bridging. Expertise in networking layer
technologies/protocols and data compression required.

Lee Tien

Thread