1997-01-27 - Moderated list is missing headers

Header Data

From: Lou Poppler <lwp@mail.msen.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 881d3df1b4488075829e9a4f8d11fbae5aba9eb7962ea458d1eb562dfc6ed47b
Message ID: <199701271746.JAA29041@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:46:43 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Lou Poppler <lwp@mail.msen.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:46:43 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Moderated list is missing headers

The arguments about imaginary quotes and libel are harder to untangle
because the moderation process seems to consume the mail headers showing
the messages' travels before reaching toad.com.  I suggest that these
headers are signal not noise, and should be propagated if at all possible.
We have had problems in the past with forgeries, and should retain this
basic tool for evaluating a message's source.

<preemptive remarks>
I know I could get these from the unmoderated list -- but I prefer the
moderated version so far, and think they should be here also.
I know PGP signatures are a better way of authenticating a message.
</preemptive remarks>

Sender: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com

[ message body irrelevant ]

Thread