1997-01-22 - [NOISE] Re: Dr. Vulis’ social engineering experiment

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e2ac602abdc8efc906209617adbd2cf419a3dbe49b3bf17b7542f55fd51be17f
Message ID: <199701220004.QAA14425@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:04:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:04:46 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [NOISE] Re: Dr. Vulis' social engineering experiment

At 08:35 PM 1/20/97 -0800, Toto wrote:

>  In short, I believe that if the issue of free speech is not one of
>the central issues on the CypherPunks list, then the list is merely
>one more heartless, unfeeling extension of the Great Machine which
>is grinding inexorably forward toward the day when we will all have
>its numbers tattoo'd on our forearms.

That machine will be the SIXTH model made by a little firm on the thirteenth
floor of an office building.
It will operate on several thousand 6X86 processors.
It will operate either on MSDOS 6.0 or UNIX V6R4, depending on how soon it
is completed.

And it won't be our forearms, we can cover those with sleeves.  It will be
our brow.  (please excuse the spelling).

Thread