1997-01-06 - Re: John Gilmore, 58, dead of AIDS

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e2d86f383bd6ad648785f26ccf228b2181590bbfeda976b1263632df4e2bb3c0
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970106090243.12377C-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <15448.852480953@zelkova.qualcomm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-06 14:12:35 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 06:12:35 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 06:12:35 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: John Gilmore, 58, dead of AIDS

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Paul Pomes wrote:

> |Somebody said it was a lie, but has anybody really SEEN this queer lately?
>
> Why do you care so much about Mr Gilmore's sexual orientation?  Could there
> be some internal conflict about your own that you'd like to share with us?
> It would make a nice change from your usual rantings.

We care about his sexual orientation because it supports the
proposition that MOST of the problem people currently on UseNet
are "confirmed" homosexuals.  Here is a list of three of the
biggest problem people, and they are ALL problem people.

J.D. Falk
Peter Berger
John Gilmore

Of course, tale and Chris lewis have not been confirmed as
homosexuals, so the percentage of "homos per.problem humanoids" will
decline.

> /pbp
> --
> Fire mission ... battery one round ... rifle company in the open.  Fire for
> effect.  (6 105mm rounds later)  Add four hundred, left two hundred,
> battalion six rounds.  Fire for effect.
> 		-- Lt Allen Bell, Chorwan Valley, Korea 1951

Nonetheless, the inordinately high percentage of homosexuals in the
newsgroup administration is probably explained by the same social
factors as the extremely high number of jews in the medical and legal
professions and the high number of blacks in sports.

Thread