1997-01-19 - Re: Monitoring the monitors [Was: Gilmore and Sandfart suck big dicks]

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: ebece9634e1c1356cd2fd95d89c895ba3713672d01add344b305649d3d2bfce1
Message ID: <32E16634.3BC6@gte.net>
Reply To: <4Lmq1D13w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-19 00:58:18 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 16:58:18 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 16:58:18 -0800 (PST)
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Monitoring the monitors [Was: Gilmore and Sandfart suck big dicks]

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> Someone wrote to me:
> >Did you not mean any homo who has ever shaffted Gilmore and Sandy can
> >write what the fuck they like but straight or intelligent or NORMAL
> >people will have to be filtered.

> Yes, that's precisely how Sandfart's moderation will work. Homosexuals
> like Jason Durbin will continue to post personal attacks on Gilmore's
> many "enemies", but the victims of the libel will not be able to respond
> and refute their lies. The concept of "the best response to speech you
> don't like is more speech" is totally alien to the homosexual subculture
> on the Internet. These control freaks are into censorship and B&D.

Here's a problem.  I don't have "technical" capabilities in the area of
communications software, and I have too full a plate to start studying
now.  But, I/we need to monitor the "moderator", to make sure he doesn't
allow people to attack others, then cut the responses.

If he does this, and he doesn't rectify it when it's called to his
attention, he would need to be punished in some way.  One of the
questions I have is, how do I know what's cut when all I subscribe to
is the uncensored list?  I do *not* want to subscribe to the filtered
list plus the "flames" list, out of principle.  Is this something that
would be forced on me/us in order to monitor the censorship?

In other words, can I separate the censored email without having to
have two accounts?

Thread