1997-01-13 - Re: A vote of confidence for Sandy

Header Data

From: Nurdane Oksas <oksas@asimov.montclair.edu>
To: “Igor Chudov @ home” <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: ee08240614a6f4d2027860c420b3e0be9d604c3cfa2c46177ce3d0f240f6cb9e
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.93.970113050224.2874B-100000@pegasus.montclair.edu>
Reply To: <199701120729.BAA03801@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-13 10:17:19 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 02:17:19 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Nurdane Oksas <oksas@asimov.montclair.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 02:17:19 -0800 (PST)
To: "Igor Chudov @ home" <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re: A vote of confidence for Sandy

On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Nurdane Oksas wrote:

> > > but none of the posts in question had ever been posted to scrm.
> >
> > 	You know well that Kagalenko is most rejected in scrm,
> > 	Poor guy ...not one post, how can that be..?
>
> How can that be? A good question. It can be because Misha submits
> dozens of articles containing autogenerated garbage. He does it because
> he does not like our newsgroup. We moderators have no other choice
> but to reject these autogenerated articles because our charter prohibits
> us from approving them.

	Sure.

> To protect moderators from mailbombing our charter tells us to put
> such mailbombers into our blacklist, which I do.

	OK.

> Once a month I remove Misha from our blacklist, and let him know that
> he indeed had been removed. That usually results in another flood of
> bogus submissions.

	Well, i trust your judgment, not sure of other moderators.

[...]
> Apparently Misha likes it this way, and it probably lets him feel more
> important than he really is. Well, if that is so, I have no problem with
> that.
>
> But I will not bow to him.

	:)

> That's the sad story.