1997-01-07 - Re: Moderation

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <rcgraves@disposable.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ee6f306ca395c8ec98a3b12906f04d9bd7cc80e27ffeb2d4328074f4ddace802
Message ID: <32D1E682.4BDC@disposable.com>
Reply To: <199701070055.QAA11918@hammerhead.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-07 05:58:22 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 21:58:22 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <rcgraves@disposable.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 21:58:22 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Moderation

Thaddeus J. Beier wrote:

> This will fail if flames migrate from cypherpunks-flames to
> cypherpunks, I would attempt to prohibit threads that only exist in
> cypherpunks-flames being continued into the moderated list.  This'll

I disagree. I think it's quite conceivable that a serious point could
arise from the flames. If a moderator can't be challenged based on
what happened with the reject list, what's the point of having a reject
list in the first place?

Anyway, I don't think such a rule is possible to implement, nor would it
protect the moderator from other forms of denial-of-service attack even
if it were implemented.

-rich

Thread