1997-01-07 - Re: Moderation

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ff1cb130f17b5489d8852b1bccdeb8743f05ca8324d305cebe70cdcf7ba3ae6f
Message ID: <J445ZD5w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.970106120531.13263B-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-07 03:12:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:12:14 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:12:14 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Moderation

Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com> writes:
> If you don't want noise, I run a free filtered list.  To get help on it,
> by the bots if it comes through cypherpunks) with the >SUBJECT< "fcpunx
> help" (the body of the message is ignored.)

When Ray Arachelian posts lies to this mailing list, he also forwards
them to his censored mailing list. When the victims of Arachelian's
libel refute his lies, Ray does not forward their responses to his
mailing list. Sandy liked this setup so much, he wants the whole
"cypher punks" mailing list to be censored this way.

No wonder - "cypher punks" are opposed to wide availability of crypto,
privacy, secure communications, and free speech in general. As they
keep saying, free speech should only be available to the "elite" who
will use it "responsibly" - no free speech for Jews or homophobes.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM