1997-02-04 - Re: More Hacking of the Mykotronx Site!

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0c5fd36bfd981901cd2a98d8e19ed15bc12540ca1d4ec0c5cb16868d2b0e3934
Message ID: <199702041456.GAA28734@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:56:06 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:56:06 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: More Hacking of the Mykotronx Site!

While this report may be true, I wonder if it's not a spoof or even
official disinformation to mislead about the details of Aaron's mission
as well as what Rainbow and others are really peddling to
rabble-fearing paranoids.

This last sentence seems a bit too melodramatic even for a suck-up
crippled-chip manufacturer:

>The MYK-82, developed by Mykotronx and fabricated by VLSI Technology,
>Inc., is the first of a series of security products to be developed as
>part of an alliance with the NSA, targeting both Government and
>commercial citizen monitoring markets.

Granted that defense to LEA-market conversionists like to pornograph the
godawful carnage their technology can wreak on disobedient civilians to
arouse ex-military-to-LEA converted glands -- do they actually write SOF
drool like this?

Thread