1997-02-05 - Re: Moderation, Tim, Sandy, me, etc. * Strong crypto == DES?!

Header Data

From: Jason Vagner <jlv@sig.bsh.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2bbd77797007e6c8abe07b282d5e9bb752dbb268d1e17669bff363335382f736
Message ID: <199702051555.HAA29366@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:55:58 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Jason Vagner <jlv@sig.bsh.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:55:58 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Moderation, Tim, Sandy, me, etc. * Strong crypto == DES?!

   >Re: the below.  Easily the best and most intelligent suggestion so
   >far.  Why couldn't Sandy and John with all their experience think
   >of this?

Actually, I've been sitting on the sidelines, somewhat bemused, that
this far into online living the cypherpunks have to rehash this
themselves. I've seen this entire exchange at least three times in
the last two years. None of the lists survived. Good luck..

   >> If I might make a suggestion:
   >> Some people want moderation. That's fine, I've never been very big on
   >> letting other people choose what I read, but some people want it.
   >> For those who want it, let someone moderate the list for as long as
   >> they care to do it. Approved messages get a "X-sandy-approved"
   >> header. The responsibility for setting up a filter to toss everything
   >> that doesn't have the header is the responsibility of the end user.
   >> Toad will need to filter incoming posts to make sure they don't come
   >> "pre-approved", but that's the only hole I can think of.
   >> Everyone gets all of the Cypherpunks list. Those who want moderation
   >> filter the unapproved posts, those who want all of it get all of it.
   >> Hopefully, this will make (almost) everyone happy.

---

  Jason Vagner <jlv@sig.bsh.com> Resist KRAP and GAK. Police States
  Are Bad. "All that one can give is what is going to happen, which may
  have little to do with a present that you can grasp." - Avital Ronell.

Thread