1997-02-13 - Re: Transmission of Crypto material and ITAR

Header Data

From: Rick Hornbeck <rnh2@ix.netcom.com>
To: Benjamin Grosman <bgrosman@magna.com.au>
Message Hash: 2c8c88b2f00d853e3ca47fc4b0adb46271e6805d09c5a467f69c7dff07aa85b2
Message ID: <199702130628.WAA04590@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:28:04 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Rick Hornbeck <rnh2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:28:04 -0800 (PST)
To: Benjamin Grosman <bgrosman@magna.com.au>
Subject: Re: Transmission of Crypto material and ITAR

Unless someone in the U.S. is willing to go to the effort of capturing all
of the packets that comprise the crypto software package as they pass
through various MCI, Sprint, etc. networks (which is probably illegal in
itself, in most cases), on their way from the UK to your site in Australia
and then reassembling them in the U.S. into something that is in violation
of the export regulations, what difference does the path of the individual
packets make?