1997-02-04 - Re: My Departure, Moderation, and “Ownership of the List”

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 3184d7294faf192f48771e694f31caaccb1d19f4633f8b05a8d6963ecc262972
Message ID: <32F6FFBF.115@gte.net>
Reply To: <199702031455.GAA25476@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-04 09:23:23 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 01:23:23 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 01:23:23 -0800 (PST)
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List"

Timothy C. May wrote:
> At 10:50 PM -0500 2/3/97, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> >(1) I agree with Tim that as a matter of principle, it would be preferable
> >to create a new moderated list, with a similar but distinguishable name,
> >and leave the existing list as it was.  I happen to think less turns on

> This is a point of view many of the most thoughtful commenters seem to
> agree on, isn't it? One would have thought that had Sandy and John really
> been interested in hearing the views of list members, this approach would
> have eventually won out.

Once again, the reason John and Sandy weren't interested was because
the main proponents of this point of view for a long time were me,
Dr. Vulis, and Toto.  Tim and others were either supportive of Sandy
or were silent.

Thread