1997-02-18 - Re: Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: Bill Campbell <wcampbel@peganet.com>
Message Hash: 3c0c570d151939f55a7153abef4a0fc00942a129e82718e1e963ed08349ab85e
Message ID: <199702180144.RAA19225@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:44:19 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:44:19 -0800 (PST)
To: Bill Campbell <wcampbel@peganet.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

Bill Campbell wrote:

> Everyone and his/her cousin has jumped into the void
> created when John Gilmore decided to pull the plug
> on toad.com.
> Has anyone composed a concise summary of just
> what the options are?

  I have subscribed to Igor's cypherpunks@algebra.com.
  Jim Choate and Lance Cottrel (?) are participating with Igor and
others in maintaining continuity of the list, to my understanding.
  They all seem to be moving toward maintaining a distributed list
which will ensure both continuity and integrity. I would suggest
joining one or the other list and then, once the 'dust' has
settled, taking steps to verify that whatever list you are
subscribed to is operating in such a way as to ensure that there
are no shenanigans going on in the background.
  I, for one, am content to give the new list distributors the
benefit of the doubt if there are anomalies in the new system,
given the haste in which they must initiate a new distributed
mailing list system.
  On the other hand, they may all be godless communists, seeking
to twist our fragile minds to do their bidding. (Much like myself)

Toto

Thread