1997-02-07 - More on the Stronghold Charge

Header Data

From: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7906aacded608f42db18f14048350ae6a767ddcb8f6f74f6ffa65595adf8032b
Message ID: <v03007803af21536e1a68@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03007801af20611fe990@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-07 21:49:52 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:49:52 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:49:52 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: More on the Stronghold Charge

Vulis has sent me private mail, which I won't quote here because of the
usual netiquette standards that private mail not be quoted (though it's
legal to do so). He asserts that a few weeks ago he sent criticisms of
Stronghold out to the Cypherpunks list, and the criticisms did not appear
on any of the distributed lists.

He claims he then received communications from C2Net of a legal nature,
threatening him with legal action. I'll let Vulis elaborate if he wishes,
as I don't know the situation. And I encourage him to do so, for more than
one reason.

As I just replied to "Against Moderation" on, I would like to see these
articles which were suppressed. Please repost them to the list, and copy me
to ensure that I get them.

If this claim is true, that Sandy blocked criticism of Stronghold from
reaching either the Main list (bad enough), or from even going out at all
on the Flames list (reprehensible), then this is an extremely serious
charge.

If the claim is true that Sandy used articles sent to the Cypherpunks list,
but never distributed to the list, as the basis by the company which
employs him of legal threats of any kind, then this is even more than just
"extremely serious."

I would like to hear more from Vulis, and copies of any such articles, and
of course would like to hear Sandy's version of things.

This is too serious a charge not to resolve.

--Tim May

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"