1997-02-13 - Re: Moderation experiment almost over; “put up or shut up”

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: Against Moderation <antimod@nym.alias.net>
Message Hash: 804f2ab10cd288a270600296e5410dcb8115da7645bd151a6f8272ce541251bc
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970213111917.9322A-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <19970212165137.12190.qmail@anon.lcs.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-13 16:25:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:25:02 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:25:02 -0800 (PST)
To: Against Moderation <antimod@nym.alias.net>
Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

On 12 Feb 1997, Against Moderation wrote:

> Date: 12 Feb 1997 16:51:37 -0000
> From: Against Moderation <antimod@nym.alias.net>
> To: aga <aga@dhp.com>
> Cc: cypherpunks@toad.com, cypherpunks@pgh.org,
>     InterNet Freedom Council <ifc@pgh.org>, ichudov@algebra.com,
>     dlv@bwalk.dm.com, Freedom Knights <freedom-knights@jetcafe.org>
> Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"
>
> aga <aga@dhp.com> writes:
>
> > Yes, and just why is Gilmore such a jerk?  Could his homosexuality
> > have anything to do with it?
>
> Doubtful.  Given the fact that gay people suffer a great deal of
> discrimination, they generally tend to be fairly open-minded.  I see
> no reason to believe Gilmore is in fact gay, but if he is it in no way
> affects my opinion of him.

Well, the fact remains that the homos are instrumental in creating and
forming a cliquish and censored usenet.  There is just no question
about that.  Remember the previous cypherpunk who stated that the
gays "created and run usenet."

> > Maybe they just wanted you to leave, Gilmore.  After all, your EFF has
> > ruined the reputation of the InterNet, and your homosexuality is a bad
> > sign.  Homos should not be allowed to have any authority positions
> > anyplace on the net.
>
> Your bigotry seriously undermines the effectiveness of any
> anti-censorship arguments you make.

Your assumption that I am a "bigot" makes it you appear uninformed.
Sexism is good, but racism is bad.   A sexist is not a bigot.

The only one who qualifies as a "bigot" is a racist.

> Are you just trying to get
> everyone to hate those who oppose censorship on cypherpunks.  Which
> side are you on anyway?

It is very logical and wise to discriminate on the basis of sex.

I am not a racist, so therefore I can not be a "bigot," regardless of
my views on homosexuality.

Thread