1997-02-05 - Re: Are cypher punks capable?

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 805fc944432b85f742fb44c41c8a815a90167f30c29c7966f4f20e108569c10e
Message ID: <199702052203.OAA05521@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:03:05 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:03:05 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Are cypher punks capable?

At 08:57 PM 2/4/97 -0000, Secret Squirrel wrote:
>Against Moderation wrote:
>> In general, unsubscribing and resubscribing to a mailing list is not
>> completely trivial.
>
>Do you think that a cypher punk is not able to solve these problems?

I just unsubscribed to cypherpunks, simoutaneously (excuse the spelling)
subscribing to the cypherpunks-unfiltered (and low tar) list.  One problem I
have is in transit, how many messages did I loose?  Since the moderated list
is delayed by however long it takes for Mr. Sandforth to read the messages,
I lost at least as many messages as he pulled in last minus the number of
messages that he had already sent out.  I thought about subscribing for
about four hours to both lists, but I have enough trouble with my account
hitting its maximum kB limit.  I don't have any filters, scripts, or other,
and yet I still had a problem, (one which I finally ignored).

Thread