1997-02-13 - Re: Recommendation: Creation of “alt.cypherpunks”

Header Data

From: Firebeard <stend@sten.tivoli.com>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 81533913f6fed32b79c8e8042dd4aab4943b98d60855e7418c6ec56674170e51
Message ID: <199702130011.QAA09591@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:11:45 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Firebeard <stend@sten.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:11:45 -0800 (PST)
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Recommendation: Creation of "alt.cypherpunks"

TCM> Since posting my comments I've just seen the proposal that tivoli
TCM> may host a list.

	Whoa, Nellie!  Who made that proposal?  It certainly wasn't
me!  I said that I was taking steps to set up a majordomo to host a
cypherpunks list.  Topmost on those steps is creation of the sten.net
or sten.org domain, and getting a personal,
paid-for-out-of-my-own-pocket, ISDN connection.  The majordomo will
run off of my personal computer sitting in my apartment, not on Tivoli
hardware sitting in the support lab.  As I said, John forced my hand
in his announcement, causing me to 'put up' before everything was in
place, including the domain registration.  Yes, my mail comes from
sten.tivoli.com.  That doesn't mean that everything I do in life is
connected to Tivoli, IBM, etc.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
Unsolicited bulk email will be stored and handled for a US$500/KB fee.

Thread