1997-02-12 - Re: Moderation experiment almost over; “put up or shut up”

Header Data

From: Against Moderation <antimod@nym.alias.net>
To: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Message Hash: 8c1df5a9e25b7312bf8a502799114f3c8c834ed3a00e4ea886017d04be7d7b24
Message ID: <19970212165137.12190.qmail@anon.lcs.mit.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970212072753.3144A-100000@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-12 16:51:58 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 08:51:58 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Against Moderation <antimod@nym.alias.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 08:51:58 -0800 (PST)
To: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

aga <aga@dhp.com> writes:

> Yes, and just why is Gilmore such a jerk?  Could his homosexuality
> have anything to do with it?

Doubtful.  Given the fact that gay people suffer a great deal of
discrimination, they generally tend to be fairly open-minded.  I see
no reason to believe Gilmore is in fact gay, but if he is it in no way
affects my opinion of him.

> Maybe they just wanted you to leave, Gilmore.  After all, your EFF has
> ruined the reputation of the InterNet, and your homosexuality is a bad
> sign.  Homos should not be allowed to have any authority positions
> anyplace on the net.

Your bigotry seriously undermines the effectiveness of any
anti-censorship arguments you make.  Are you just trying to get
everyone to hate those who oppose censorship on cypherpunks.  Which
side are you on anyway?

Thread