1997-02-10 - Re: Who’s Censoring Who?

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 8fb14ad382edc536253c93c4b5558e6447f1774cbb6714b9b683130189eb7de6
Message ID: <32FF3159.4D65@gte.net>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19970210132200.006d51bc@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-10 14:36:34 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 06:36:34 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 06:36:34 -0800 (PST)
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Who's Censoring Who?

John Young wrote:
> To Thorn and Cuckoo (great juxtaposition):
> Your exhortation and rhetoric are deft, but I'm not ready to take
> sides just yet. In fact, I can't figure what the sides are, if any, in this
> anti-herd of caterwauling anarchic cats.
> Instead, I'm relishing and laughing at the spitting and farting contest,
> and hoping this gameboying will prepare for the genuinely tough
> battles in high stakes info-wargames.
> There, wipe and sniff that exhort and rhet.

I don't want to make any suggestions about having a clue or whatever,
but just in case you didn't know, John, I'm not censoring anything,
nor is cuckoo, nor is Dr. Vulis, nor are 1300-plus other subscribers
to this list.  It is all being done by a central "authority".

Now you can't figure out who's on what side?  Or you just can't
decide who to line up with?  In case you hadn't noticed, the
censorship has been admitted a failure, although the denial from
the central "authority" is so thick that some folks on the list
will be hoping for Santa to come save them for some time to come.

Thread