1997-02-07 - Re: Geiger and long, unreadable lines

Header Data

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com
Message Hash: 9f122805aa1bcecec5e1033d89ec79cdecac5be50041650b5d1057b2b8106181
Message ID: <199702071511.HAA24796@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 07:11:19 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 07:11:19 -0800 (PST)
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com
Subject: Re: Geiger and long, unreadable lines

Dimitri Vulis <dlv@bwalk.dm.com> writes on cpunks-unedited:
> Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk> writes:
> > [DH key gen questions]
> >
> > (this isn't cpunks, this is cpunks-flames, so your non-crypto pledge
> > shouldn't hold, besides Sandy has a stated policy of killing the whole
> > thread, so I thought it amusing to continue your crypto relevance in
> > moving on to technical topics rather than political)
>
> My advice is to stay clear of any cryptosystem that relies on factoring
> being hard. I'll send you pointers to some very interesting new work
> based on the zeta function in private e-mail when I dig it up (please
> remind me if/when I forget this promise).

> I'm reluctant to say anything crypto-relevant on this defunct
> mailing list because last time I did, the moderator repeatedly cited
> it as evidence that his moderation works.

I agree, Sandy said something like "look see even Vulis has started
posting crypto relevance therefore moderation works" in one of his
defenses of the moderation experiment.

Adam