1997-02-14 - Re: alt.cypherpunks

Header Data

From: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ad2fddb6a41f0b88dd16b49d316c23b0e6f01328d3b96a2e59dbcefcfc6a6794
Message ID: <199702140535.XAA01683@wire.insync.net>
Reply To: <0n0xNr200YUh03LuM0@andrew.cmu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-14 05:33:44 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 21:33:44 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 21:33:44 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: alt.cypherpunks

Mr. Blatz writes:

> alt.cypherpunks has been newgroup'ed, and I belive rm'grouped. Smart,
> consiencous newsadmins probably did not honor the rmgroup, as
> alt.cypherpunks should be acceptable, but most newsadmins are too
> overworked to actually look at most of the crap that comes through.
> For example, it hasn't received any messages on my news server,
> probably because the one upstream removed it.

I haven't seen any rmgroups for alt.cypherpunks.  Paul Bradley's
newgroup for alt.cypherpunks is nowhere to be found, but Mike Duvos'
newgroup made it onto the Net, and was reposted the next day by
usenet@news.myriad.ml.org.

Meanwhile, Paul Bradley seems to have finally figured out newgrouping
and has created...

        alt.cypherpunks.announce
        alt.cypherpunks.social
        alt.cypherpunks.technical

and, of course...

        alt.fan.paul.bradley

The latter has been rmgrouped because it was not discussed in
alt.config.

I might suggest that deliberately tweeking the whiskers of the Cabal by
gratuitous newgrouping is unlikely to bode well for alt.cypherpunks.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+