1997-02-16 - Gays are Pink Queers

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: c201b29480dfd14d1affe21a19318aac2960f1ce64d2f977b4f7d5af8655cace
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970215092431.29361F-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <19970215062538.27135.qmail@anon.lcs.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-16 17:59:28 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 09:59:28 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 09:59:28 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Gays are Pink Queers

On 15 Feb 1997, Against Moderation wrote:

> Date: 15 Feb 1997 06:25:38 -0000
> From: Against Moderation <antimod@nym.alias.net>
> To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
> Cc: aga@dhp.com, cypherpunks@toad.com, cypherpunks@pgh.org,
>     ichudov@algebra.com, dlv@bwalk.dm.com
> Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"
>
> Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org> writes:
>
> > Don't you get it? Real censorship issues do not arise until someone
> > rocks the boat. It takes someone to rock the boat to make you aware
> > of your own prejudices of that nature. If it takes attacking
> > homosexuals and pissing them off enough to make them show their
> > true colors and begin censorship...so be it. Why be civil when that
> > civility serves to hide that which is ultimately against free speech?
> >
> > You'll find those of us who -truly- want free speech are extremely
> > good at ignoring what we don't like.
>
> Perhaps I did not make myself clear.  I never suggested Dr. Grubor's
> views should be suppressed.  Not only do I believe he has every right
> to express them, I also believe (as I explained) that I think there is
> value in inducing censorship as he has, so as to get people's
> censorious tendencies out in the open where they can be fought.
>
> However, Dr. Grubor is no advocate of free speech (though I'm sure he
> thinks he is).  If Dr. Grubor had his way, he would severely restrict
> the rights of gay people to express themselves on Usenet.

No I would not.  I do not believe in moderated groups, except for comp
and sci gays can say anything that they want.

Advocates
> of free speech must truly tolerate all speech, even that which they
> find strongly unpleasant or disturbing.

But I never said I found faggots disturbing.  Quite the contrary.
Faggots are excellent at what they do, blow jobs, so let's not mix
up apples and oranges.

> My point was therefore that Dr. Grubor would do better to say
> "Exterminate all faggots" than "Exterminate all faggots in the name of
> free speech,"

Nobody is talking about "exterminating" anybody.  We just want to
remove the gays from power, so they have more time to suck cock and
do whatever else that they do best, which does not include
usenet.admin.

and that those of us who truly support freedom of speech
> would do well to distance ourselves from Dr. Grubor, while still fully
> supporting his right to express his opinions.

Freedom of Speech means that we eliminate moderated newsgroups
and homosexual cliques being in power around here.

Faggots are mostly PINK!

Dobbs is a straight dude, and so was KIBO.

Thread