1997-02-14 - Re: alt.cypherpunks

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
Message Hash: c84c43987b9e82f8ecfeb31cbda0d340ba50ce241d6d33b86f0139f52ff42c2b
Message ID: <855918957.105158.0@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 03:26:23 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 03:26:23 -0800 (PST)
To: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
Subject: Re: alt.cypherpunks

> I haven't seen any rmgroups for alt.cypherpunks.  Paul Bradley's
> newgroup for alt.cypherpunks is nowhere to be found, but Mike Duvos'
> newgroup made it onto the Net, and was reposted the next day by
> usenet@news.myriad.ml.org.

My local server (news.demon.co.uk) recognised my newgroup for
alt.cypherpunks and it was immediately visible, I don`t know how far
it propogated or where Mikes took effect but whatever the
distribution we seem to have reached most main news servers.

>         alt.cypherpunks.announce
>         alt.cypherpunks.social
>         alt.cypherpunks.technical
>
> and, of course...
>
>         alt.fan.paul.bradley

What else?

> The latter has been rmgrouped because it was not discussed in
> alt.config.

No, It was rmgrouped because the cmsg had no charter, I posted this
to see if the Cabal would respond.

> I might suggest that deliberately tweeking the whiskers of the Cabal by
> gratuitous newgrouping is unlikely to bode well for alt.cypherpunks.

Quite so, I recieved mail the next day from a member of said clique
telling me he "considered rmgrouping alt.cypherpunks.announce"
because it was unmoderated. Needless to say he got a stern talking to
for that one ;-) I guess I just have to much of a partiality for a
little whisker tweeking ;-)

> --
> Eric Michael Cordian 0+
> O:.T:.O:. Mathematical Munitions Division
> "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1