1997-02-16 - Re: Moderation experiment almost over; “put up or shut up”

Header Data

From: ISP_Ratings <boursy@earthlink.net>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: df2caf092340be09da44ffc41efdd11abe63e336ed86fd69d7329ba23f1cc7a7
Message ID: <199702162256.OAA05746@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:56:08 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ISP_Ratings <boursy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:56:08 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

Dave Hayes wrote:

>> censorship on cypherpunks.  However, I think most peoples' opinions
>> didn't really turn, or at least people didn't realize how serious
>> things were and didn't really care, until Tim May [someone the many
>> freedom-knights hate] started criticizing this censorship in extremely
>> reasonable messages that were suppressed from both the -edited and
>> -flames mailing list.
>
> Assuming that is true, that people do not care about censorship until
> a person with an arbitrary reasonability says something, I would say
> that such a group cares not about free speech...even if they think
> they do.

  I agree--and again that is sad.  Hopefully many have learned from
the experience--that does on occassion really happen.

                           Steve

Thread