1997-02-04 - Voting on Moderation [was: Dissolving Choke Points]

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
Message Hash: f8d734c9a09bad3335216284200b1a19b18b798adde52d97020e280d10c55c86
Message ID: <199702041426.GAA27943@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:26:36 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:26:36 -0800 (PST)
To: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
Subject: Voting on Moderation [was: Dissolving Choke Points]

Eric Cordian wrote:
> Peter Hendrickson writes:
> > Moderation has been a failure.  I'm pretty good at filtering and I
> > can sadly report that there is very little signal out there.

> The quality of the Cypherpunks list is determined solely by the
> amount of signal.  The amount of noise is irrelevant.
[snip]
> Now that we have moderation, I can't do this while subscribed to the
> main list, and have to live in eternal fear that I am writing for
> an audience of 20 every time I respond to something on the unedited
> list.  Foo on that.

I wonder how Sandy will take the vote on continuing or abandoning
the moderation experiment?

In most states, one juror out of 12 can kill a conviction.

In a revolution such as U.S. 1776, only a tiny percent of the people
supported the revolution.

Will Sandy go with a majority decision (pure democratic), or allow
the moderation to go away if a significant minority wants to kill it?

Thread