1997-03-14 - Re: Silvernail Concedes / Hides In Shame

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4380aa6c602e46070be306b7799b07117b9065650793860eec8324292758e295
Message ID: <4X7J4D16w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199703140829.BAA28188@shaman.lycaeum.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-14 14:07:41 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 06:07:41 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 06:07:41 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Silvernail Concedes / Hides In Shame

TruthMonger <an7575@anon.nymserver.com> writes:

> Roy M. Silvernail wrote:
> > For the rest of the list, my comments were sent to
> > an7575@anon.nymserver.com in private mail.  He/she/it chose to quote
> > private mail to the list.  Make of that what you will.
>
>   If this is the case, Roy, I apologize.
>   I didn't notice that you had changed the reply-to address on your
> response to bypass the anonymity of your reply, so it appeared in
> my headers in the same format as those replies I receive through
> the list.
>
>   I sometimes forget that there are those who do not wish the
> contents of their private email to reflect on their public image.
>   I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, however, since many
> people on the list hate to have their bubbles burst and probably
> killfiled me after my first post.
>
>   I'm still waiting for someone to reply to the actual issues I
> raised in my post, as opposed dealing with imaginary daemons that
> they tacked on to the thread.

Maybe they're afraid that if they express their views on the snake oil
vendor you originally criticized, they too will get lawyer threats.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM