1997-03-03 - DES Challenge / Who’da Thunk It?

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: 5389c6b930652f4cdadc611836c49c33a2cb91b34e232cd0450d7e46d834352a
Message ID: <331A5F88.1CD4@sk.sympatico.ca>
Raw Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:18:14 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:18:14 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: DES Challenge / Who'da Thunk It?

It seems that all of the efforts to meet the DES Challenge are being
sabotaged on one level or another.
The des-challenge@muffin.org group have never been able to fly on more
than one wing. The New Media Laboratories effort has been plagued by
rogue clients and its participants being subjected to varieties of
interference/trojan-horses. Peter Trei's software has been appearing
on international servers, with bugs which don't match those in the
original source code. Pointers to BryDES software have turned out to
be misdirected, in many cases.

  I suspect that if the 'New Coke' had hired RSA's people, that we would
all be drinking their 'imitation Pepsi' product, instead of 'Classic
Coke', as God intended us to do.
  Crayola had the foresight to call upon RSA's expertise, and, as a
result, the wool was pulled over the public's eyes and they came to
accept the 'new' colors, even though they are part of the 'plot'
against the Visual Illuminatti.

  Perhaps these new revelations will lead to people taking my posts to
this list more seriously in the future.
--
Toto

Thread