1997-03-18 - Re: Market Failures, Monocultures, and Dead Kids (Oh My!)

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5ac68a8a6a474ad673804539d5960f9fa5ea37b2e784d5e2989771d469345409
Message ID: <9HHR4D12w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <3.0.1.32.19970317203227.007eb400@smtp1.abraxis.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-18 14:17:29 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 06:17:29 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 06:17:29 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Market Failures, Monocultures, and Dead Kids (Oh My!)

camcc@abraxis.com (Alec) writes:

> Tim,
>
> There would be more room if your sig weren't so long. :->

Guys with short dicks use long sigs.

> As you know, every year there are a certain number of child deaths as a
> result of reactions to state-mandated innoculations/vaccinations.  Gone too?
>
> Perhaps the difference, or rationale, here is the possible spread of disease
> to others, rather than trying to protect the individual from himself.

Suppose X chooses to innoculate their kids and Y chooses not to innoculate
their kids against, say, polio; and Y's kids get it. They're not going
to give it to someone whose parents chose to innoculate them. (This is
a kind of borderline example, not unlike circumcision.  The individual
affected by the choice is too young to understand what it's all about,
but doesn't want to be stuck with a needle. Why are the parents more
qualified to make decisions for him than the state?)

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM