1997-03-22 - Re: PGP Security

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 75ffe4bb8d9b52cc6452e40e06f2006b1bd86657b63e89868793a18e9e903f90
Message ID: <5PTX4D3w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199703210116.TAA12097@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-22 01:27:18 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:27:18 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:27:18 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP Security

ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) writes:

> Mark M. wrote:
> >
> > Speaking as "XXXXXXXXX" (or, at least, one of the "XXXXXXXXXs"), I did rece
> > the following message which originated from "TruthMonger."  Shortly after I
> > received the message, anon.nymserver.com closed down all of its free,
> > anonymous accounts due to "abuse."
> >

> This is mostly addressed to jimbell: jim, it is now obvious that
> the remailer network is as weak as a 5 year old child. It cannot
> possibly withstand even mildest forms of "abuse".
>
> Due to this fact, I question the viability of your assassination
> politics idea as it does not seem possible to safely operate an
> assassination bot.

Suppose I want to bet $1000 that Chris Platt's cat, "Ben", won't be
assassinated until the end of March in some excruciatingly painful way
(say, skinned alive, soaked in acid, and cut into pieces with an
acetilene torch :-). What protocols can someone use to bet against me
and to collect the winnings? (Assume that I'll cheerfully pay up if
I lose, and that the other party wants to remain anonymous.)

Another thought just occurred to me - LEA's often advertize hotlines for
anonymous tips - a "stukach" is given a code and if his tip works,
supposedly collects a payoff. Doesn't he have to give his ss# so his
income can be taxed?

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM