1997-03-31 - Re: The Blessing of Keys

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
Message Hash: 77a7c5ec546043d6fcdb28f29651d1710e6841658c51041e6a5d8d49cd0e36ad
Message ID: <33401488.14C5@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <199703311723.JAA25672@crypt.hfinney.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-31 19:46:43 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:46:43 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:46:43 -0800 (PST)
To: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
Subject: Re: The Blessing of Keys

Hal Finney wrote:

> I don't know about Tim's idea of claiming that a key signature is a
> religious act.  That sounds pretty bizarre to me.

  I wouldn't be so certain about that. Give the CypherPunks history of
treating PGP as a Holy Icon, I think a good case could be made for
building a religion around key signatures.

  Apparently, however, not all CypherPunks can be considered 'True
Believers'. I, among others, checked out the information in the
anonymous post which indicated press reports of the RSA algorithm
being broken.
  I suppose that now I will be denied the opportunity to partake of the
PGP Sacrament at the next CypherMass.
--
Toto
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"