1997-03-22 - Re: For-pay remailers (was: PGP Security)

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
Message Hash: d6d7931ef841137e6ad2c9df73bc03961cb4a0a1f4a3ad6a7ade5d2953446312
Message ID: <3333ACEE.19A4@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <199703220038.QAA04284@crypt.hfinney.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-22 09:58:08 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 01:58:08 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 01:58:08 -0800 (PST)
To: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
Subject: Re: For-pay remailers (was: PGP Security)

Hal Finney wrote:

> Rather than try to design or envision a grand infrastructure with
> everything working perfectly like a smoothly running machine, let's wait
> and see how for-pay remailers fare once they appear.  There's nothing
> like the profit motive to unlease creativity.  I'm sure methods for
> providing high quality service can be found.

  That sounds much better than "Let's sit on our asses and see if the
for-pay remailers fare, _if_ they ever appear, while the attacks
continue knock off more remailers."

  One of the main reasons the CypherPunks list continued as it did
was because of those who actively made plans for its continuance,
instead of sitting on their asses.
  Are you and Greg working as a team, here?
--
Toto
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"

Thread